This post DOES contain affiliate links | all products have been tried, tested & approved
Thanksgiving is a time for family, food, and fellowship with people you may not have seen in a while. It’s a time to reflect on what you are grateful for too. If you’re hosting for the first time in a while, I want to help another sister and mama out.
Here are some of my favorite de-stressing tips for the Thanksgiving prep:
- Oyster Smoker Roaster Oven this is a life saver for when you do not have several ovens to cook all the things at the same time.
- Harbor Meat Thermometer just so you have reference, the meat thermometer goes into the thigh of the turkey and will read 165 degrees when your 12-pd turkey is done. Did you know? Turkey keeps cooking up to 170 degrees (perfection) when you take it out of the oven. Now, if you are using the Smoker Roaster Oven mentioned above, turn it down to WARM when your thermometer reads 165.
- Turkey Fryer Pot now where I’m from, we fry our turkeys. It is so delicious and moist! You can smoke/roast one, and fry one too. Who doesn’t love turkey leftovers?
For the love
We all have family we love. We also all have family we intentionally see only on holidays. It’s the truth, so here are some helpers for that too.
- Too Many People – Bathroom Helper because there is food and a lot of people…that says it all!
- You cannot have enough double rolls | soft & clean hineys
- They don’t tear and can be stuffed a good solid trash bag is a MUST for all things family holidays!
How bout family fun
Okay, so some of your people love to play games and get outside together just to have fun! I love this about big family get togethers!
- Giant Yard Jenga – if you have not played this game outside, you need to! It is so fun.
- Giant Yard Pong – here’s another fun game to play on a GIANT scale…we like it best on driveways and concrete
- Movie Night Outside – our family loves Movie Night! Can you imagine Christmas movies, smores and popcorn?? We can!
I pray your Thanksgiving and holiday week is wonderfully blessed! We may not get to pick our people, but we do get to pick what we are thankful for…and I am thankful for YOU.
Many Blessings friends ~