Praying Over your Children
Our year is already flying by. Your child and/or children are growing just as quickly! We, as parents, have a calling and purpose to pray over them daily.
The stresses and anxieties of this world do not stop short of our children in these technology-ridden environments they live in. Technology and social media, without restrictions, leave no place or time for your child to rest. As parents, we must provide a safe haven sanctuary in our home for this space to rest and retreat.
How do we do this??? What if my child won’t like me setting new boundaries??
Be their parent first
Being parents means taking responsibility for your child’s primary needs and safety before your own. Sacrificing our own needs comes with parenting. Our need for our children to “like” us is not an issue MOST days. We all love each other, respect each other, speak truth in love over each other, and want what is best for each other.
Once new boundaries come into play, there will be resistance. Pray for yourself and God will prepare your heart and mind for this beforehand.
Setting yourself, your child/children, and home up for success is possible…and harmony and peace will come. We want to shield them always; but, sadly, we cannot. Their eyes, ears and hearts are in the world too much to shield them always and at all times; but God can!
How to Pray for your Children
If you aren’t praying for your children daily, don’t fret or feel ashamed. You can begin anew today. God’s grace is free for those who believe in Him. Whether you pray from a list or from memory, add them now, and start as soon as you are finished reading this post.
Ten Prayers for your Children
- Lord, I pray my child (call them by name) will believe in you with a devoted and sold-out heart – Psalm 145:1 “I will exalt you, my God and King, and praise your name forever and ever.” NLT
- Lord, I pray my child will let you transform their life – Jeremiah 24:7 “I will give them hearts that recognize me as The Lord. They will be my people, and I will be their God, for they will return to me wholeheartedly.” NLT
- Lord, I pray my child will be caught when guilty of sin – Hebrews 12:6 “For The Lord disciplines the one he loves, and chastises every son whom he receives.” ESV
- Lord, I pray my child (by name) will also be caught when doing right – Psalm 37:3-4 “Trust in the Lord and do good. Then you will live safely in the land and prosper. Take delight in the Lord, and he will give your your heart’s desires.” NLT
- Lord, I pray that my child would know and believe the truth of who they are as you made them – Ephesian 2:10 “For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.” NLT
keep going parents
- Lord, I pray my child would listen to your still small voice – John 10:27-28 “My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.” NLT
- Lord, in the face of peer pressure, help my child make wise choices that are pleasing to you. – “1 Corinthians 10:31 “So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.” NIV
- Lord, I pray my child’s eyes, ears , heart and mind be protected from evil – Proverbs 4:23 “Guard your heart above all else. for it determines the course of your life.” NLT Proverbs 7:2 “Obey my commands and live! Guard my instructions as you guard your own eyes.” NLT
- Lord, I pray my child would have compassion and empathy for others. – Romans 12:10 “Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other.” NLT
- Lord, I pray my child would love you with their whole heart, soul and mind – Matthew 22:37-38 “You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind. This is The first and greatest commandment.” NLT
You can pray these ten prayers over yourself too. God will help you to remember to pray daily…ask Him and believe in it.
Many Blessings to you ~