Farmhouse Paint Colors
When building our home a couple of years ago, I knew I wanted color on my walls. I wanted the serene colors of the coast, which is where we live, and the farmhouse colors I love as well.
Picking paint colors may be hard for some, so I decided I’d post about what tips I know, and maybe they will help you too.
My top 5 Tips
- Find the brand ~ We went with Sherwin Williams for several reasons. Our builder had an account with them, and they gave us so many more choices than we had at our local home improvement stores. Their quality was unmatched! Too many choices may be an issue for you, so we will discuss how to narrow them down.
- Pick your color scheme – Do you want grays? Beiges? Coastal? Whites? After you know which brand of paint you want to use, it’s time to choose a color scheme. If you still do not know what you like…let’s take it to the next step
- Go to your pins on Pinterest ~ Open up the rooms you have pinned and look at the general likeness of the walls you’ve pinned. See a pattern? Are the walls mostly whites; grays; muted tones? Sticking to a neutral palette will allow you to have a long-lasting relationship with your walls and furniture pieces.
- Don’t be afraid ~ What can be painted, can be repainted. Say it again.
- Get samples and paint swatches on your walls ~ this is one of my TOP faves! Seeing the colors in your spaces in all the different lights of the day and nighttime are key. I suggest “living’ with your selections for about a week. Doing this step can save you a lot of $$$. Samples are generally cost friendly and will make a huge impact on narrowing down your choices.
My co-host, Rita Joy at Harbour Breeze and I are talking Paint Colors this Wednesday for our 3rd out of 4-week FB Live Series. We hope to have you join us! We’ll be live at 6 p.m. CST. You can meet us on FB and ask any question you may have regarding all things picking paint colors.